On Thursday, April 23, 2020, the Marketing department of PROMAMEC organized, in collaboration with the Anesthesia-Intensive care & Equipment department, a webinar on the theme “Respiratory management of Covid19 patients", for the benefit of the Anesthetist-intensivist doctors. The presentation was given by Dr Jean Michel Arnal, Anesthetist-Intensivist, hospital practitioner at Sainte Musse Hospital in Toulon in France, and Director of Research and new technologies at Hamilton Medical, a company specialized in intelligent ventilation and Promamec’s partner.
In his presentation, several points were addressed in order to provide the doctors different good practices for better Covid19 patient care.
The main points addressed by Dr Arnal are:
- Description of the Covid19 disease;
- Statistics to date relating to this disease;
- The typical profile found in patients with respiratory impairment
- How to properly manage patients with respiratory impairment
- Presentation of the different types of treatment: NIV, High nasal flow, CPAP
- Intubation: when and how to do it correctly for these patients?
- What post-intubation assessment?
- Monitoring of the ventilated patient: Case of the HAMILTON MEDICAL ventilator
This online conference with high value-added is part of Promamec's activities aimed at supporting the medical profession during this epidemic period and providing them with scientific support and best practices for better patient care.
The webinar was animated by Dr Jean-Michel Arnal, Anesthesist praticien at Sainte mousse Hospital in Toulon, and Director of Research inside Hamilton Medical. The moderation was provided par Dr. Mounir Chaouki, Marketing director at Promamec.